- “Journal Article of the Year” Award from ENTER’17 conference for the paper: Kärle, E., Fensel, A. "Multi-platform mobile service creation: increasing brand touch-points for hotels". Journal of Mobile Multimedia, Vol. 12, No. 1&2, Rinton Press (2016), pp. 091-109.
- Netidee scholarship of 10 000 Euro for supervised by me PhD thesis of Ioannis Stavrakantonakis “Approach to discover and apply Linked Open Vocabularies for Semantic Annotations” for it being one of the best six PhD theses in Internet technology in Austria in 2015.
- Emerald Group Publishing Award for Excellence 2015 – Highly Commended Paper: Girtelschmid, S., Steinbauer, M., Kumar, V., Fensel, A., Kotsis, G. "On the Application of Big Data in Future Large Scale Intelligent Smart City Installations", International Journal of Pervasive Computing and Communications, Emerald Group Publishing, Vol. 10 Iss: 2, pp.168 - 182 (2014).
- Nomination as "FEMtech Expertin des Monats" by FEMtech - Eine Initiative des Förderschwerpunktes „Talente“ des Bundesministeriums für Verkehr, Innovation und Technologie im Rahmen von fFORTE, Vienna, Austria, 2014.
- Emerald IJWIS Best Short Paper Award of iiWAS'13 for the paper: Girtelschmid, S., Steinbauer, M., Kumar, V.,
Fensel, A., Kotsis, G. “Big Data in
Large Scale Intelligent Smart City Installations”. In Proceedings
of the 15th ACM International
Conference on Information Integration and Web-based Applications & Services
(iiWAS2013), 2-4 December 2013, Vienna, Austria.
- Diploma (of the first degree) for the work presented at
the 41st International Scientific Student Conference (ISSC’03),
awarded by the Ministry of Education of
Russian Federation, April 2003.
- Diploma (of the second degree) for the work presented
at the 40th International Scientific Student Conference (ISSC’02), awarded by
the Ministry of Education of Russian Federation,
- Diploma for “outstanding success in English and
Literature studies”, awarded by the Ministry
of Education of Russian
Federation, June 1998.